Forum Home > Hawaiian Music Artists > Great Grandma Napua

Great Grandma Napua

(61 Messages)

Keala and Jennie Harris
kharris257@yahoo.com
Posted 2/8/04 at 1:02am

Post a reply

Great Grandma Napua

We are very interested to find our family line. We are descendents of Napua through George Harris, her son. If you have any information regarding this side of the family, could you please email us back, or post a message. Mahalo.
Keala and Jennie

Top | Bottom
Titi
Nani_Girl96744@yahoo.com
Posted 4/16/04 at 12:04am

Post a reply

Great Grandma Napua

Is this Napua Stevens you are refering too?

Rory Keawemauhili Stevens
stevenohana6@comcast.net
Posted 10/18/04 at 4:10am

Post a reply

Have Napua family history

I have a great deal of family history (of Napua). Let me know if yor are interested.

Rory
====================

Elwood Smith
esmith@echelon.com
Posted 11/10/04 at 11:11am

Post a reply

Stevens Ohana

I'd be very interested in getting whatever information you have on the Stevens family. My dad and Napua were 1st cousins.

Elwood
====================

Piikea
Billygurlsx2@hotmail.com
Posted 11/21/04 at 4:11am

Post a reply

Stevens Ohana

Would love to connect with all the ohana...Please write....

Rory
stevensohana6@comcast.net
Posted 12/23/04 at 7:12pm

Post a reply

Napua Stevens (Ohana)

Drop me an e-mail. Napua Stevens Poire was my great-aunty. She gave me my hawaiian name. My father was her brothers son.

Rory

Harrison Arnold
2arnolds@comcast.net
Posted 6/2/05 at 4:06am

Post a reply

Napua Stevens 78 record

Does anyone have an interest in a 78 rpm record by Napua Stevens. It was produced by Bell Records and recorded in Hawai? One side is "My Hawaiian Souvenirs" and the other side is "Beyond the Reef." Best wishes for finding family history.
Harrison

Laurie Stevens Corbell
samcorl@aol.com
Posted 6/20/05 at 10:06am

Post a reply

Napua Stevens 78 Record

Hi,

Napua Stevens Poire is/was my aunt. The oldest Stevens brother, Vernal Naea Bell, is my father, and he is still alive at the age of 89! We had all of Auntie Nappy's records at one time, but after many moves, have misplaced them. The recording you speak of is one of my favorites. Please let me know how you came to have the record and what you want for it.

Aloha and mahalo,

Laurie (Ululani) Corbell

Laurie Stevens Corbell
samcorl@aol.com
Posted 6/20/05 at 10:06am

Post a reply

Napua Stevens (Ohana)

Rory,

You said your father was Napua's brother's son. Which brother . . . Vernal, Albert or Bobby? My father is Vernal Naea Bell Stevens, Napua's oldest brother. Would love to hear from anyone regarding the family. The only members alive today of the Stevens children are Piilani and Vernal.

Aloha,

Laurie (Ululani) Stevens-Corbell

Kim Stevens-Suguitan
kimsuguitan@hotmail.com
Posted 7/8/05 at 7:07pm

Post a reply

Stevens Ohana

Hi Laurie,

My name is Kimberley Li'iPi'lani Stevens-Suguitan. Lillian Li'iPi'illani (Stevens) Nahiwa is my grandmother.I was given her hawaiian name. I'm a mother of 7 children, grandmother of 2, with two more grandchildren on the way. I live in Hilo, with my husband, Ernest of 14 years. I was raised by my grandmother along with my two brothers, Chucky Kawehiwehi Lincoln Stevens, and Jeremy Kauhinuiakama Stevens. Jeremy passed away in 1988 at the age of 16.
Chucky resides in Aiea with his wife May, and two children,Nephi Kaleookalani, and Skye Hiipoikuupililani.
My eldest daughter is also Li'ipi'ilani, affectionately known as Li'i. She's 23. She was actually adopted by grandma. Grandma, now is her early 80's is in a Restorative Care Center, here in Hilo.
My grandpa, Thomas Nahiwa passed away in 2001. We sure miss him alot.

I loved "Auntie Nappy", as she was affectionately called, very much."Auntie Nappy" gave three of my children their hawaiian names. They are Lauren Li'iPi'ilani, Brandon Kahoapili , and Jena Kealiiwahamana. As a tribute to this outstanding lady I named my last child after her, her name is Kawaialaonapua. Kawaiala was Auntie's given hawaiian name.

I too would love to connect with family. To all the Stevens Ohana out there, I would love to hear from you. Email me at kimsuguitan@hotmail.com

Aloha,
Li'ipi'ilani

Rory Stevens
Posted 7/22/05 at 1:07pm

Post a reply

Beyond the Reef

I am interested in the 78rpm Record you speak of. E-mail and we can negotiate.
Mahalo,

Rory

Rory Stevens
Posted 7/22/05 at 1:07pm

Post a reply

Albert Kealohalani Lincoln Stevens

Laurie,

Albert was my paternal grandfather. William Kealoha Stevens was my father.

Rory

Dick Spangler
usarichard@msn.com
Posted 10/3/05 at 1:10pm

Post a reply

Napua Stevens picture

I used to work with Napua at KGMB-TV in Honolulu in the late 50's and early 60's. I had a TV show catering to teenage music she had a program devoted to Hawaiian cultural activities. She became a second mother to me and helped guide me through some of my youthful difficulties. I am now writing a major book about my life in the Islands, including living through the Pearl Harbor attack of Dec. 7th, '41. I would like to include a picture of Napua as she looked in 1941, dancing or singing, whatever you might have. She was the epitome of Hawaiian beauty.
Hope you can help in my quest!

R-M. Keahi Poire Allen
niele2@aol.com
Posted 11/5/05 at 12:11pm

Post a reply

My mother

Thanks to Dick Spangler for letting me know that this site even exsisted. So interesting to find first cousins, first cousins once removed, and others posting messages.

Rory, I hope the genealogy book I gave you has been of help to you. I found out the book was back in Kohala, loaned out by you. A word of caution, dear cousin, be very careful when you loan out anything as precious as your genealogy as you take the chance of much of it coming back missing pages.

Greetings to everyone else posted here, Kim, Laurie,Elwood, and Pi'ikea.

As Jennie and Keala Harris never did say what Napua they are asking about, I can only presume Napua Stevens is not the "Napua" they are looking for, as my mother had only two sons, Gordon and Scott. I am the sole daughter.

Any one still interested in information concerning my mother, contact me at niele2@aol.com

Aloha no, Keahi

Julee Christie
jschri@earthlink.net
Posted 7/14/06 at 12:07pm

Post a reply

Hello:

Looks like I'm the only posting here this year. I am the grand-daughter of Vernal Stevens. My mother is Joanne Stevens. Keahi, I've met you at the home of my parents, and Lauri, I remember you as well. and I remember your mother with great fondness. She had such a wonderful presence that I was so impressed by as a young girl. She was an elegant, lovely woman. She gave me my Hawaiian name as well- Napua. I know my mother, as well as myself, are always interested in knowing more of her. I know that my mother has several of her records. I will pass this information on to her.

Thank you,

Julee Christie

Peggy Krause
plk4now@hotmail.com
Posted 9/2/06 at 6:09pm

Post a reply

Napua at KGMB

Just wanted to say Aloha! My Mother-in-Law, Erma Krause, also worked at KGMB during the 50's and 60's. She spoke very highly of Napua as they were good friends!

Laurie Stevens Corbell
samcorl@cox.net
Posted 9/6/06 at 5:09am

Post a reply

Napua Stevens and Family

Hi Julee,

Wow, it's been a while since I looked at this site. I Spoke with Keahi not too long ago, and she advised that Aunty Piilani passed away about two months ago. Looks like my father is not only the first, but is now the last sibling. The last I spoke with my father, he had been admitted to Seton Medical Center in Daly City, California. Unfortunately, I am unable to get info on his physical condition.

Samantha Lei Stevens
Sstevens1110@cs.com
Posted 10/7/06 at 9:10am

Post a reply

Vernal Naea Bell Stevens

My nickname is Princess. I was born Laverne Lei Stevens but had my name legally changed to Samantha Lei about 25 years ago. I am the eldest daughter of Vernal Naea Bell Stevens. My father passed away on September 6 at Seton Medical Center in Daly City, California at the age of 90. He was the last surviving member of his siblings Bobby, Albert, Piilani Nahiwa, and Napua Stevens Poire.

His ashes have been sent to my eldest brother, Vernal, Jr. (Bull) in Honolulu. Bull plans to scatter the ashes in our father's beloved Hawaii. Dad is finally home.

My brother Michael and his family, my brother Jonathan, Bull's daughter, Valerie, and I, held a small gathering in the Bay Area on September 8 to honor Dad's passing.

To anyone who may be interested, my father's obituary was published in the Honolulu Star Bulletin on September 16.

Kawehi "Butch" Stevens
kawehi_stevens@yahoo.com
Posted 10/17/06 at 1:10am

Post a reply

Stevens Ohana

Aloha All,

I am the son of Thomas and Piilani(Stevens)Nahiwa who have both passed on.
My siblings are Robert K. Stevens, Nora Lee Napua (Stevens) Kualii, Mollie Dean (Casil) Wolthius, and Richard L. Stevens
I was deeply saddened by the news from an "outsider", much less after the fact, that uncle Vernal had passed.
Now that all of our parents have passed on, we should all consider planning a reunion ASAP.
Any volunteers for spearheading such a task!
Hope to hear from you all soon.

"Aloha Ke Akua,"
Kawehi "Butch" Stevens
2476-A Kinoole Street
Hilo, Hawaii 96720
Email:kawehi_stevens@yahoo.com
Residence:(808)959-3300
Cell:(808)990-0474

James naeahuau stevens
pumpkin91724@yahoo.com
Posted 12/1/06 at 3:12pm

Post a reply

vernal naea bell stevens

I am the youngest son of vernal naea bell stevens I live in San Dimas CA. Im 42 years old and am looking for more information on my father.remember napua very well and my cousin scott also -piilani please send any updates if possible much love and aloha James naeahuau stevens

Keana
justhsgrl@yahoo.com
Posted 1/8/07 at 9:01pm

Post a reply

Photos of Aunty Napua

I was wondering if anyone had any photos of Aunty Napua???

Keana

Auntie Maria
auntie@mele.com
Posted 1/12/07 at 10:01am

Post a reply

Jennie Napua Woodd

I used google.com to search for Jennie Napua Woodd -- this is the first article that popped up, complete with photo:
http://starbulletin.com/2003/01/11/news/story11.html

Pam Owen Bennett
PamIris123@aol.com
Posted 5/8/07 at 10:05am

Post a reply

Looking for Mollie Dean Casil

I am looking for Mollie Dean Casil who served a Mission for the LDS Church in Peru around 1970. A family she may have worked with has now joined the LDS church and they want to thank the Ladies who worked with them. From their descripion Mollie may have been one of the persons. I will E-mail the specifics once I know I have contacted the correct Mollie Dean Casil from Hawaii. I aslo worked in Peru when Mollie was there.

vernal
Ainokeaenemoa@hotmail.com
Posted 5/29/07 at 7:05pm

Post a reply

Stevens family & relations

James Naeahuau Stevens, allow me to introduce myself,
I am Vernal Naea Bell Stevens Jr. You are my brother.
When I saw you last, you were a little guy and most probably do not remember me. If there's anything about
Dad that I can fill you in on, please let me know. I live and work in Honolulu as a mechanic specilizing in
German cars. 20 years at this shop.
My wife Ipo, 30 years we've been together, are planning to take Dad's ashes to the big island later
this year, and scatter him in a place where he and I
spent the best time ever. This is my option and I'm going to do this my way without any family politics
getting in the way.
I'm going to post this on your E mail address just
to make sure we connect. By the way, say hello to your
mom for me. I hope she's well.
My E mail address is Ainokeaenemoa@hotmail.com

R-M. Keahi Allen
niele2@aol.com
Posted 10/16/07 at 10:10pm

Post a reply

Greetings to all

I didn't realize that this site was still up and running, what a surprise.

First, Princess, thank you for placing such a wonderful obituary for Uncle Vernal, it was a wonderful tribute. I spoke to Bull and he has great plans for scattering when he feels the time is right, in the mean time he holds him close.

Skip, which you probably no longer use, I was able
to contact Jan to have her inform you of your Dad's passing and now you can be in contact with both Princess and Bull. My brother Scott lives near me and I will give him your email address and perhaps the two of you make up lost time.

I lost my husband of 39 years in April of this year and Scott Liloa has been my greatest helpmate, for which I am ever grateful. It's difficult getting everywhere in a wheelchair (which I'm confined to now) and he helps with so many of my daily chores.

I keep in contact with JoAnna via e mail and her daughter Teresa (who lives here)I note that JoAnn's other daughter, Julee has left a posting here too.

It appears to me that we family members have discovered a wonderful way to communicate with each other. Can we re-establish contact? We're all getting older and time is getting shorter. (Of course on his last birthday Bull claimed to still being 22 years of age, so at that rate that makes me his grandmother).

Take care all, I'll be in Japan 10/23-29/07, but I still hope to hear from you.

Me Kealoha Pumehana, Keahi

NaPua Oney
mooseal73@yahoo.com
Posted 10/22/07 at 7:10pm

Post a reply

NaPua Stevens 1973

I was born in Kealakekua, HI in March of 1973. NaPua Stevens was like a mom to my father, I have a great photo of NaPua, but I was hoping to find out more about her. Any one know of her or about her?

William Kane
dakanemail@yahoo.com
Posted 2/6/08 at 10:02pm

Post a reply

John Keonaona (Davis) Stevens

I am looking for any on that can help me this is my great great grand father he was married to Kapuanani Campbell. my grand mother is clara francis Kapuanani stevens I want to find any ohana link to us I am building a family tree aloha and mahaol

dashiel naea stevens
Posted 3/3/08 at 9:03pm

Post a reply

vernal naea bell stevens

Hello Aunt Princess, I am Michael's son Dash, and i chanced upon your bulletin looking up grandpa Vernal.
just saying hi, DASH

Mary Lou Phipps
mnmkids2@juno.com
Posted 3/23/08 at 6:03am

Post a reply

Napua

I am excited to see this message board. I am 62-years-old and will be competing in the Ms Senior Missouri Pageant, July 12. I will perform "Keep Your Eyes on the Hands." I began hula dancing at the age of 3 in Ventura,CA, and I took private lessons from Napua in Hollywood in the early 60s. What a wonderful lady and a great teacher. I have wondered what happened to her.

Laurie Stevens
Posted 4/6/08 at 12:04pm

Post a reply

Napua

Dear Mary Lou,

It is very unlikely your Napua and our Napua are one and the same. My Aunt, Napua Stevens Poire, was not in Hollywood in the 60s, because I stayed with her during the summer in the 60s in Kaneohe, Hawaii.

Harry B. Soria, Jr.
harryb105@msn.com
Posted 4/14/08 at 11:04pm

Post a reply

Keahi Allen

Keahi Allen, the longtime administrator and enthusiastic proponent of the King Kamehameha Celebration Commission, died on Monday, April 7th, 2008 at Hawaii Medical Center of complications from diabetes. She was 66.
As she contributed repeatedly to this thread, I wanted to share this sad news with all of you.
On my show, "Territorial Airwaves", Keahi will always be immortalized through the 78rpm disc on Hawaii's Pitman label that featured her mother, Napua Stevens Poire, singing the name song written for her daughter by hapa haole composer, Jack Pitman, entitled "Napua".
Aloha Napua! Mahalo, Harry B. Soria, Jr.
www.territorialairwaves.com

Samantha Lei Stevens
Sstevens1110@cs.com
Posted 4/18/08 at 6:04pm

Post a reply

Dash Stevens

Hi Dash, you sweetie pie. So good to get your message. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I haven't checked this forum in a long time. Just came on today, April 18, and found your message. Why don't you send me your email address so we can correspond? Love, Aunty Princess

Rowena A. Lincoln
Ehulani822@Yahoo.com
Posted 4/24/08 at 4:04am

Post a reply

Napua Stevens and Lincoln Family

Aloha All: I happened to find this site and am hoping that everyone is still actively involved. By way of an introduction, my ancestor is George Washington Lincoln, who married Rebecca Bell. One of his (many) children was John George who is my great grandfather. My dad (Wilfred Lincoln) used to say that Napua was his cousin, but I couldn't find the connection. I have been studying this family and trying to find more information. Its almost impossible though, too many names and connections! If anyone can provide me with any information, I would be eternally grateful. Thank you, Rowena Lincoln

Keali'i
taiulu@yahoo.com
Posted 5/8/08 at 7:05pm

Post a reply

Napua Steven's Great Grand Aunt Ka'au'aulahilahi-o-keohokalole Kailikini

Aunty Napua spent most of her childhood on the Big island prior to working as a hotel social director and selecting dancers who represented Hawai'i at the 1980 Sout Pacific Festival of Arts. I got more info. if anyone interested.

Samantha (Princess) Stevens
Sstevens1110@cs.com
Posted 5/12/08 at 12:05am

Post a reply

Napua Stevens

Dear Keali'i:
My aunt, Napua Stevens, was born and raised on the Big Island, but for years, starting when she was a young woman, she danced and taught hula on Oahu, made a number of records for which she gained much acclaim in the Islands ("Beyond the Reef" being one of my favorites), hosted a television show in which she interviewed and cooked with visiting celebrities, and hosted a radio show. She also wrote and published a book on Hawaiian quilting. All of this before she was a hotel director. On many occasions, she was the emcee for the Kamehameha Day Parade in Honolulu. She had at least one role on one of the episodes of the television series "Hawaii 5-0". My father, Vernal Stevens, was Aunty Nappy's eldest brother. All of us in her immediate and extended family know that she accomplished much more than being a hotel director who selected dancers for the 1980 South Pacific Festival of Arts.

vernadette stevens
manaloccz@lycos.com
Posted 6/13/08 at 12:06am

Post a reply

hi

my name is Vernadette Stevens and my mother is Verna mae Stevens who;s daughter of Vernal Naea Stevens and is my grand daddy, great grand daddy Stevens has past about a year now, im happy to hear a discussion of family! we are here in Sacramento ca, would love to connect with the rest.

vernamae stevens
vstevens-milo@lycos.com
Posted 6/13/08 at 1:06am

Post a reply

family response

i am vernamae stevens oldest daughter to vernal stevens jr Napua's nephew. I have been looking for a web site to find my family. Aloha loa!!! We need to get together i plan on petitioning in front of the governers house for resources for the kanaka's.

vernamae stevens
vstevens-milo@lycos.com
Posted 6/13/08 at 5:06am

Post a reply

stevens ohana

we need to get our ohana together again, only aunty napua "malama le ohana", really cared for the whole stevens ohana, nobody better than her.

vernamae kaaoaolahilahiokeohokalole stevens
vstevens-milo@lycos.com
Posted 6/24/08 at 2:06pm

Post a reply

keahi allen

I can't believe what i just read, cousin "Keahi Allen" wrote on this forum and passed away 6 months later! I didnt ever hear of this! I hope this forum stays forever... my thoughts r with u cousin & aunty napua. vernamae kaaoaolahilahiokehokalole

Viki Piilani Stevens
vikistevens@gmail.com
Posted 8/13/08 at 4:08pm

Post a reply

Aloha to my family.

Hi, I am the second oldest daughter of Vernal Stevens, Nephew of Napua. My older sister Verna told me of this site. I would like to hear from my cousin Kimberly Stevens, I have not seen her since I was nine. I am named after her grandma Piilani .

Jade (Ah Ho) Santos
j_santos62@hotmail.com
Posted 8/17/08 at 8:08pm

Post a reply

Lincoln family

Aloha~

I came across your comments and questions while searching the web. I'm on ancestry.com and had a couple of people asking question regarding the Lincoln family. My mothers mom (my grandmother) is Alice Lincoln. Her parents are Lawrence and Abigail Lincoln. WE to are researching our family. I surely agree with you as to there is alot of people in the family and multiple connections.
Rowena....you are the great great grand daughter of Rebecca Bell and I am the great great of Mary Ann Bell. There was 2 sisters in the Bell family that married George Washington Lincoln. The sisters both had children.......so we are cousins! There is alot of information you can find in the Mormon Church.
Please keep in contact and I'm sure we can help eachother out. I have shared with my sister about your findings and your search. She knows more about the family then I do.

aloha, Jade

Chucky Kawehiwehi Lincoln Stevens
stevensc017@hawaii.rr.com
Posted 10/1/08 at 7:10am

Post a reply

Lincoln Family

Hi all, I am the grandson of Liipiilani Stevens Nahiawa, Orlando (Butch) Kawehiwehi Lincoln Stevens is my father. I happen to have a series of articles that were written on the
Waimea paniolo families in 1950. If any one is interested in a copy please drop me a message. I can also be reached at 808-721-0065.

Alan D'Orsay
alandorsay_2000@yahoo.com
Posted 4/1/10 at 10:04am

Post a reply

Your bell relationship

Hi Jade, I am doing a workup on the Bell family and am interested in a workupo on them your post intrigued me since you are related to Mary Ann Bell. Can you send me your family tree showing your descendant list and any sources for it. I may have some of the family you might be interested in as well. One of my contacts is in touch with Stanley Bell and is supposed to have a meeting with him soon to compare notes on the family and more information may be revealed to share.

Thanks, Alan

Rita Mayer (Bell)
persefane@aol.com
Posted 10/16/10 at 8:10pm

Post a reply

Bell Family

Hello ! I am the grand-daughter of Annie K. Bell, who is the sister of Mary Ann, Rebbecca and Juliet. Napua Stevens is my fathers cousin. I am doing our family genealogy and would appreciate articles, stories, pictures,family trees, just any information. Thanks to all my relatives out there that would like to help.

Aloha, Rita

NaPua Oney
napuao@gmail.com
Posted 4/21/11 at 2:04pm

Post a reply

Info please

I was named after Napua Stevens - my father Gordon Leroy Schull said that Napua took him & his sister in and rased them both his sister was sent to a boarding school and he staied with Napua. However I only got to meet my father shortly before he died so names, places & dates were not on the menu. My mother named me after Napua & had great respect for her. I would like to know if my father was any relation to the family or if Napua just took pitty on him & his sister :) ANY INFO would be great!! I really wish I could have meet Napua before she died in my heart she holds a VERY HIGH PLACE :)
Mahalo in advance,
NaPua Oney

Dianne
dianne_scrivens@hotmail.com
Posted 6/25/11 at 12:06pm

Post a reply

Gordon Leroy Schull

Napua, as you already know, your father was not raised by Napua. He may have known her but he was raised in Ottawa Canada. He was the son of my mother and was raised by her and her husband ( my father). He had 3 sisters and 1 brother and lived it Ottawa until he joined the Canadian army in the mid 50s. He was stationed in Calgary Alberta where he married Phyllis Soderquist and fathered 4 sons, one who died shortly after birth. When his marriage broke up in 1963 he was living in Esquimalt British Columbia and in 1964 he disappeared. After years and years of looking for him I finally saw his obituary on the internet. I was broken hearted and have no idea why he chose to disappear from our lives. But I can assure that he and I were not raised in Hawaii, nor were any of my sisters or brother. I am sorry to disappoint you but you should know the truth.

clayton chee
aspencierra1997@yahoo.com
Posted 8/25/11 at 9:08pm

Post a reply

Lincoln Ohana

Aloha Jade, My name is Clayton Chee and my great-great-grandmother was a Lincoln. Her name was Caroline (Nui) Lincoln who is one of George Washington and Rebecca (Bell)Lincoln's daughters. I may able to help with the genealogy. Email me if you are interested. Aloha, Clayton Chee

clayton chee
Posted 9/14/11 at 10:09pm

Post a reply

Lincoln Ohana

Aloha Rory, I am a research genealogy on the Lincoln family which aunty Napua is related to. If you are related to the Lincoln's maybe we can share information. I am related to her from George Washington Lincoln. If you are interested email me back at aspencierra1997@yahoo.com. Thank you, Clayton Chee

clayton chee
Posted 9/14/11 at 10:09pm

Post a reply

Lincoln ohana

Aloha Kim, My name is clayton chee and I am doing a research genealogy on the Lincoln family. I was just wondering if you have any genealogy on the lincoln side to the present. I have some information down but trying to update the tree. Please let me know if your interested. Aloha, Clayton Chee

clayton chee
Posted 11/14/11 at 9:11pm

Post a reply

Lincoln family

Aloha, My name is Clayton Chee and I am doing the genealogy of the Lincoln family. If you are interested, please email me or call me. My number is 852-7103. Thank you very much. Clayton

clayton chee
Posted 11/14/11 at 9:11pm

Post a reply

Lincoln family

Aloha jade, I am doing a genealogy of the Lincoln family and I see in your email you are interested too. Thats good and I am happy that you are interested and I hope we can walaau soon. My great-great-grandmother is Caroline Lincoln Naiwi oldest sister. I hope you are still interested cause I have alot of information and would like to share it with you. Hope to hear from you soon. Aloha, Cousin Clayton Ps. You can email me or call me at 852-7103. Thank you. Clayton

Nora Kualii
nkualii@yahoo.com
Posted 8/27/12 at 3:08am

Post a reply

Stevens/Purdy Ohana Family Reunion

A family reunion for the Summer of 2013 is being planned. The first meeting of a small group of willing ohana is scheduled for this Wednesday, August 29, 2012, at the LDS church located next to the 7-11 on Kilauea Avenue in Hilo. We will meet at 6 pm in the pavilion at the back of the chapel. We welcome all ohana wanting to participate in planning the reunion to attend. If you're not able to attend but are still interested in helping out, go to the STEVENS/PURDY OHANA page on FB and sign up to join the group.

Kimo Makaio
james_makaio@hotmail.com
Posted 2/9/13 at 7:02pm

Post a reply

Stevens/Purdy Ohana

Are you on Facebook? If so you can join us. We are planning to have a family reunion in August 2014.

Kimo Makaio
james_makaio@hotmail.com
Posted 2/9/13 at 7:02pm

Post a reply

James Naeahuau Stevens, Jr.

Aloha, I searching for any of my first cousins from my uncle, James Naeahuau Stevens, Jr. who was married to Esther Walsh. My mother was Phoebe Puakomela Stevens Makaio. Are you a descendant of James Naeahuau Stevens, Jr.? You may send me an email or contact me on facebook. Aloha pumehana.

Kimberley Liipiilani Stevens
queen_bee_308@yahoo.com
Posted 2/27/13 at 4:02pm

Post a reply

From Kimberley Liipiilani Stevens

Stevens Ohana ...
Just updating my info . New email address is as follows queen_bee_308@yahoo.com

Nora Kualii
nkualii@yahoo.com
Posted 3/3/13 at 1:03am

Post a reply

Stevens Reunion

Descendents of James Umialiloa (aka Kaumaumakeaaliloa, aks Kealiiwahamana) Stevens and Fannie Kaleleoili (Purdy) Stevens are actively planning for a family reunion in Waimea (Kamuela), Hawaii at the Hawaiian Homes' Kuhio Hale from Thursday, August 16 through Saturday, August 18, 2014. For the purpose of updating and correcting genealogies gathered through online research and submitted by family members, and to solicit more involvement in planning, organizing, and assisting committees for the 2014 Reunion that are already in place, another gathering is scheduled on August 16-17/2013 at the North Hawaii Education and Research Center in Honokaa. (TBA) We want to be able to accommodate all those who are interested, but space is limited to 30 people unless we reserve a larger room in advance. If you want to attend, please email me at nkualii@yahoo.com or call (808) 959-8830. A small donation for the rental of the room and equipment may be solicited

Titi Kau'ilani Ricafort
nanigirl96744@aol.com
Posted 3/20/13 at 5:03pm

Post a reply

Napua Stevens

I met Aunty Napua only twice in my past. She was married to my Grandma Lei Collins' cousin Bill Aliiloa Lincoln. Most wonderful woman she was. Uncle Bill too the time he came to perform at Hulihe'e with Uncle Bill Cazimero when my Grandmother was still the Curator there many yrs ago.

Titi Ricafort
nanigirl96744@aol.com
Posted 3/20/13 at 10:03pm

Post a reply

Napua Stevens

Somehow i just caught that i wrote Uncle Bill Aliiloa Lincoln was married to Napua Stevens which is incorrect sorry! They are both cousins to my Grandmother Lei Collins

Tanya Gomes
tgomes_72@yahoo.com
Posted 4/19/13 at 4:04pm

Post a reply

Ikua Purdy

Aloha everyone. Ikua Purdy is my great grandfather and George Mauae Purdy is my grandfather. I have been doing some family history on this side of my family. If anyone has information in this area please share.

Mahalo,
Tanya

tom kuali'i
tomkualii@gmail.com
Posted 8/1/13 at 6:08am

Post a reply

Howzit

Son to Robert and Nora Kuali'i. My grandmother is Piilani Nahiwa also the sister also the sister to Napua Stevens.

Nora Kualii
nkualii@yahoo.com
Posted 8/13/14 at 6:08am

Post a reply

Reunion

It is interesting to note that 2 years ago on August 27, 2012, I posted a message here inviting anyone interested in being part of a planning committee to organize a Stevens Reunion to attend the first meeting on the 29th. I'm happy to announce that the reunion is happening this Thursday through Saturday, August 14 through 16 in Waimea. We invite all descendants of James and Fannie Stevens to attend. It's not too late to join us. If you're interested, email me.

Also, the Lincoln 'Ohana is planning a reunion in Kona on June 25, 2015. If interested contact Rowena Lincoln. She posted earlier on this page where her email address can be found. Unfortunately for all of us, Clayton Chee passed away recently. What a loss.

Top | Bottom
Add a Message to this Topic
(Or... Click here to post a New Topic.)

Yes No